Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cactus League

I just returned from my first trip to Phoenix, Arizona, for Cactus League spring training.  I attended six games, including one World Baseball Classic game (USA v. Mexico).  Fantastic and I truly hope to make this an annual trip.  In my following posts I will break down each stadium I visited and what my in person autograph experiences were like.  Below is the games I attended:

      Kansas City Royals     Surprise Stadium
      Los Angeles Angels    Tempe Diablo Stadium
      Colorado Rockies        Salt River Fields at Talking Stick
      Cincinnati Reds           Goodyear Ballpark
      Chicago White Sox     Camelback Ranch

I also attended the Los Angeles Dodgers and Kansas City Royals practices at their respective ballparks.

I learned a lot from my trip, especially the fact that Cactus League team's are much better signers than the Grapefruit League.  The Colorado Rockies was definitely the highest quantity, plus their stadium is the best stadium in all of Spring Training.

If you've never been to Phoenix I highly recommend the trip.  It is well worth the money.  The weather was fantastic.  The people were exetremely nice.  The baseball was great.  I love my Grapefruit League, but Arizona is the place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment